6 Ways to Identify a Scam Investment Platform
Hi guys, in this post I will be sharing with you the steps you which you can identify a scam investment platform.
Many out there have fall victim of so many scam platform because, they they can’t really identify if a site is scam or not. But in this post, I will give you six steps you can identify a scam platform.
Financial fraudsters use sophisticated and effective tactics to get people to part with their money. Here are six steps you can take to help you spot an investment scam.
Six Steps to Identify A Scam Platform
- Verify credentials. Don’t fall for a fancy title or other trappings of success. Fraudsters hope that if they look successful, you won’t bother checking their credentials
- Don’t chase “phantom riches.” Be skeptical of investment pitches that guarantee a certain return or promise spectacular profits. They are what fraud-fighters call “phantom riches” that you will never see. No salesperson can make those kinds of promises. The reality is that every investment involves risk.
- Ignore the “everyone is doing it” story. Don’t believe claims that “everyone” is in on the deal. Be wary of a sales pitch that focuses on how many people are investing, without telling you why the investment is sound. Remember, affinity frauds are scams that prey upon members of the same social circle, religious group or ethnic background.
- Refuse to be rushed. If the salesperson tells you that the offer is for a limited time only, or that investment opportunities are limited, consider it a red flag. A legitimate investment will still be there tomorrow.
- Never feel obligated. Don’t invest because the seller gives you something for free. Salespeople count on those freebies to guilt you into buying what they are selling.
- Arm yourself with information. Learn to spot the red flags of investment fraud so you can protect yourself and your loved ones.
I hope with this six steps outlined above you should be able a identify a scam investment platform.